Senior Management Accountant
Closing Date: 4 December 2020
Interview Date: To be confirmed
H&H Group plc are looking to appoint a positive and proactive Senior Management Accountant to strengthen and help evolve the group finance function. They will form strong links between the Financial Controller and the finance team, communicating effectively at all levels and ensuring accurate and timely flow of meaningful information.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record, be used to delivering a high-quality performance, be self-motivated and enjoy working in an autonomous role in a busy accounting environment, as part of the group finance team. In addition, they will have the ability to both identify problems and initiate solutions with a sense of achievement from delivering results.
H&H Group plc is a very successful unquoted company based in Carlisle. It operates in Auctioneering, Property, Insurance and Printing and in recent years has seen significant expansion in turnover and employs over 300 staff.
Applicants will ideally be fully qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA or qualified by experience. In addition, you must have proven, good IT skills particularly in the use of Excel and other accounting packages. The position will be based in Carlisle and will report to the Group Financial Controller.
The primary role will be:
- To collate weekly, monthly and annual information on behalf of designated operating companies within the group, and to liaise with the relevant managing directors in order to prepare reports, accounts, budgets and forecasts on behalf of each company.
- To provide support and advice to the relevant management teams as required in relation to the analysis and presentation of financial information.
- To provide reports and other information to the board and H&H Group as required.
- To undertake specific project work that may arise under the direction of the Financial Controller.
- To assist with the review, development and delivery of strategy and the direction of the business to achieve key objectives.
- To monitor the performance of designated operating companies and to provide reports if such performance falls below expected targets.
- To work closely with the Financial Controller to agree all operating budgets to ensure organisational effectiveness and compliance.
- In liaison with the Directors and Managers to consider, assess and review risks to the Group and to identify and implement mitigating action.
- To coordinate and administer projects across the Group.
- To build relationships with all such external organisations and individuals who can assist, promote, or raise the public profile of the H&H Group.
- To communicate appropriately at all levels and with all stakeholders of the H&H Group.
- To consider the wider community in relation to the H&H Group in particular, with respect to social and environmental matters.
- To provide advice and support to the Purchase Ledger Clerk (Group Services) as required.
- Other ad-hoc duties that the employer determines fall within the job-holders capabilities.
With a competitive salary package, contributory pension and death in service benefits this is an exceptional opportunity for the right individual to develop a career with a profitable and growing company.
For a more detailed job description please click here
To apply for the above position please complete the online application form or alternatively send your application, including your CV via post to Margaret Irving, Group Personnel Manager at H&H Group plc, Borderway, Rosehill, Carlisle CA1 2RS on 01228 406334 or email her direct