Facilities Manager | Carlisle
Closing Date: 21 November 2020
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Harrison & Hetherington is part of the H&H Group and has one of the leading livestock sale centres in the UK
An opportunity has arisen for a self-motivated, enthusiastic person to manage our Borderway mart site.
The overall job purpose will be to monitor and oversee the day to day operations of the Borderway livestock trading facility to ensure a safe, efficient service for staff and customers.
This will include:
- supervising multi-disciplinary teams of staff including yardstaff, cleaners, maintenance and security
- supervising the yard team regarding the allocation of tasks, authorisation of absence, maintenance of discipline and providing as required a first line of contact regarding personal or operational queries.
- at all times maintaining the H&H Group values with regard to service and the highest ethical standards.
- managing, monitoring and developing the skills and performance of individuals within the team.
- establishing and maintaining high quality health and safety arrangements, in accordance with best practice guidelines
- ensuring reactive maintenance and day-to-day service requirements are undertaken
Whilst it would be advantageous for applicants to have an understanding of the livestock trading sector it is more important to have:
- the ability to work flexibly
- commitment to customer service
- a keen eye for detail and a logical approach to problem solving
- enthusiasm, be self-motivated with the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- good written and oral communication skills
With a competitive salary package dependant on experience, pension and related benefits this is an exceptional opportunity for the right individual to develop a career in an excellent environment with a profitable and growing company in an exciting business sector.
For a more detailed job description please click here
To apply for the above position please complete the online application form or alternatively send your application, including your CV via post to Margaret Irving, Group Personnel Manager at H&H Group plc, Borderway, Rosehill, Carlisle CA1 2RS on 01228 406334 or email her direct