Closing Date: 30 April 2021
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Based in our Kendal branch we have a fantastic opportunity available for an Accounts Assistant to join our team.
About the role
As an Accounts Assistant you will be responsible for general accounting practices including:
- managing and reporting on client monies including receipt, recording, banking and distribution of monies to Landlords and maintaining client online banking facilities.
- daily client bank account reconciliations on Quickbooks software.
- preparation of financial reports and presentation to client meetings
- monitoring tenant payments and taking appropriate action
- preparation of client’s monthly management accounts and year end accounting using Excel and Quickbooks.
- preparation of HMRC returns including VAT returns.
- working within RICS regulations with regard to handling clients’ money
We are offering this role on the basis of 16 hours per week, but we have a flexible approach with regard to the timing of those hours.
Previous experience and a good working knowledge of accounting routines, including banking and purchase ledger are essential.
Ideally, you will be enthusiastic, well organised, diligent, and able to work to strict deadlines whilst paying attention to detail and working both as an individual and as part of a small team.
You will have good IT skills including the use of Excel and other bespoke accounting packages.
Whilst not essential, experience of client accounting in the property and land agency sector (dealing with Landlords and Tenants) would be an advantage.
H&H Land & Estates is part of the H&H Group and are a team of leading chartered surveyors, estate agents and land agents. We were recently cited as Number 7 in the In-Cumbria Magazine’s Top 100 businesses and as well as a competitive salary we also reward your hard work with the following:
- an exceptional opportunity for the right individual to develop a career in an excellent environment with a profitable and growing company.
- a pension scheme with employer contribution
- membership of a death in service scheme which provides a four times salary benefit
- income protection scheme which provides 50% of salary during long term sickness absence
- reimbursement of business mileage at the rate of 45p per mile
For a more detailed job description please click here
To apply for the above position please complete the online application form or alternatively send your application, including your CV via post to Margaret Irving, Group Personnel Manager at H&H Group plc, Borderway, Rosehill, Carlisle CA1 2RS on 01228 406334 or email her direct