Accounts Assistant | Carlisle
Closing Date: 20 November 2020
Interview Date: To be confirmed
H&H Group plc are looking to appoint an Accounts Assistant. The successful candidate will ideally have accounts experience, have a good educational standard and potentially be studying for AAT or similar. However, we would also consider those qualified by experience.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, talented individual with a keen eye for detail and flair for accounts to join our Group Services team. You will be confident and especially competent in the use of Microsoft Excel, be ambitious and willing to undertake further training and development. You will also possess a real desire to further your accounting career.
Experience of payroll would be an advantage, although training could be provided in this respect as we may seek to expand the role.
H&H Group plc is a very successful unquoted company based in Carlisle. It operates in Auctioneering, Property, Insurance and Printing and in recent years has seen significant expansion in turnover and employs over 300 staff.
This new position will be based in Carlisle and will report to the Financial Controller.
The primary role will be:
- To provide assistance with the preparation of weekly, monthly and annual information on behalf of designated operating companies within the Group and to liaise with the relevant Managing Directors in order to prepare reports and accounts on behalf of each company.
- To provide support and advice to the relevant management teams as required in relation to the analysis and presentation of financial statements.
- To monitor and maintain the sales ledgers on behalf of H&H Group PLC and its subsidiaries.
- To collate, input and process data on SAGE 200 and EXCEL as required.
- To ensure that, in relation to the above, all required information is provided and subsequent actions are undertaken within prescribed time limits.
- To undertake administrative duties as required, which may include the following:
- sorting and franking daily mail
- photocopying and scanning as required
- filing of correspondence and documentation
- maintenance of files
- answering telephone calls and customer liaison
- To provide information and further analysis as required to the executive directors of H&H Group and operating companies as required.
With a competitive salary & training package, contributory pension and death in service benefits this is an exceptional opportunity for the right individual to develop a career with a profitable and growing company.
For a more detailed job description please click here
To apply for the above position please complete the online application form or alternatively send your application, including your CV via post to Margaret Irving, Group Personnel Manager at H&H Group plc, Borderway, Rosehill, Carlisle CA1 2RS on 01228 406334 or email her direct