Closing Date: 28th January 2022
Interview Date: TBC
Harrison & Hetherington is part of the H&H Group of companies and is the leading livestock marketing centre in the UK.
At our Borderway Mart, Rosehill, Carlisle we have an on-site café which provides breakfasts and lunches to mart customers as well as refreshments and snacks to visitors and employees throughout the day and we
are looking for a Catering Supervisor to join our busy catering team.
The role will include:
- supervising the day-to-day operations of the Borderway café
- being the first line of contact for the existing team and monitoring performance
- assisting the Catering Manager with menu planning in line with demand levels and budgets
- monitoring stock levels and liaising with suppliers to ensure value for money
- maintaining current knowledge of Health, Safety and Food Hygiene to ensure the highest levels of service
- preparing and assisting with the preparation of hot and cold meals, in accordance with pre-set menus as and when required.
- providing absence cover for the Catering Manager as required
The successful applicant will:
- Have experience of supervising teams
- Have good communication skills
- Be keen to progress and develop specialist skills within the workplace
- Be flexible and self-motivated
- Be able to work quickly under pressure whilst remaining calm and polite in all circumstances
- Preferably have experience of cooking and preparing meals although this is not essential
To apply for the above position please send your application, including your CV via the online form below or post to Margaret Irving, Group Personnel Manager at H&H Group plc, Borderway, Rosehill, Carlisle CA1 2RS on 01228 406334 or email her direct